Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A few Vintage Finds.....

Hello Friends! 
Summer is just flying by for me.  I have taken my eldest son back up to college and he is now settled into an apartment with two of his buddies.  I will share some pictures from that trip soon.  The north coast is so breathtaking that I can't help but to take a million photos!
 
With one son in college and another to launch in a year (and the lack of a paycheck during the summer months since I work in education!), I have been in frugal mode.  However, I did manage a few little purchases for the house and thought I would share them:
 

For me, flowers and plants are a necessity of life.  I was able to save a lot of money on flowers for the house this summer simply by cutting my own from our garden.  You can see some of our beautiful hydrangeas HERE if you'd like.  I just love them. 
 
I also created some homemade topiaries from ivy that I propagated. 
Seen below is a small bushy ivy plant in a new galvanized bucket that was purchased at a consignment store and stenciled: 


 
 
Below is a little mirrored vanity tray that I found at an antique store.  I thought it was sweet and reminded me of something my grandmother might have on her dressing table.  For now, I've placed it on the sideboard in our dining room with some crystal pieces received long ago for wedding gifts: 
 
 
 
One of the things I have managed to do this summer is to create a beautiful spot for my morning quiet time.  The silver tray below was the best deal of all!  I found it in a thrift store in Northern CA where I paid 75 cents for it!  :D
 


The flowers above are from our garden. 
 
I love my little vintage finds and since I cannot do any expensive design projects right now I find that simple de-cluttering, cleaning, rearranging and homegrown floral arrangements continue to feed my creativity.
 
What do you do to feed creativity on a budget?  I would love to hear.  :)
 
Blessings, Steph.



3 comments:

  1. Love your stenciled bucket! Those are all lovely finds.

    I usually make something or paint something. Spray paint is my BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds! Great tray, and for .75! Amazing. Love your quiet spot. I'm always trying to be creative at no-to-little cost. I can usually find something to paint and distress to feed my need for creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been feeling the urge to paint for a couple of weeks and I am hopeful to make some time this weekend for just that. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...