Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Beautiful Trinidad, CA, where we spent Thanksgiving 2013.


It is hard to believe that we are already into 2014.  I am enjoying a restful week off from work and beginning to consider which home improvement projects I can tackle this year on a budget (by September we will have both sons in college and the word "budget" will take on an entirely new meaning). 
 
Before Christmas I was able to score a great deal on two lamps for our living room from Lamps Plus.  I also ordered a new area rug from Pottery Barn (which is currently on backorder and is just as well because I need more time to pull together the "new look" for our living room).






Below is a bit of an inspiration shot of the look I hope to achieve (our fireplace is in our family room so I won't be able to replicate this look, but it is a similar idea):

via Pinterest; source unknown

And here is what we've got right now:
 
 

I told hubby that the update would cost less than $500!  Guess I will be shopping the house for most of the décor!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...